Excellence in Rangeland Management Award
The Excellence in Rangeland Management Award is given in recognition of significant contributions made by individuals or groups in the broadly defined discipline of rangeland management. This award is intended for individuals or groups who are directly involved in the management of rangeland. Membership in SRM is not required and more than one award can be given each year.
The following criteria will guide nominators for the Excellence in Rangeland Management Award:
- Membership in SRM is not required and awards are not limited in geographic location, except nominees must be active within the boundaries of the International Mountain Section.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the sustainability of rangelands.
- Awardees will have demonstrated, either through their actions, directives, or influence direct benefit in terms of rangeland sustainability.
- At least one award will normally be given each year
- An individual or group can receive more than one Excellence in Rangeland Management Award in their career or lifetime, but each award must be for a separate and distinguishable contribution.